Wednesday, September 17, 2014

More Down Than Uptime Right Now

So, I am taking things lightly in order to preserve our bankroll for an upcoming family event (the way things go, I have to spend it before I make it, sometimes long before). There have been some register installs, but I haven't had any luck landing them, even though I didn't counteroffer, figuring I'd just take a lower net pay.

So I had to do a POS changeover at a restaurant. The ticket demands business casual, so I went to the site wearing the usual khaki slacks. I put in the POS, ran the cables and tested everything, pretty routine...but then as I hopped in my car and drove away, I noticed the grease from the floor had left some handy dandy stains on the slacks. Ouch.

To top it off, the buyers on one of the overnight installs tried to contact me....but as it would require a four hour drive from where I was working to the site, it was pretty much out of the question before they asked. Which was unfortunate, because the pay was pretty good closer to the start time.

So I am trying to pull up a couple of close jobs for tomorrow. I have to be in Beaver, OK on Friday, and that will likely be my last ticket before we leave. As always, though, I am trying to find some tickets along the route, but not too many, as we have a lot of ground to cover in relatively short time. From here to Fort Leonard Wood, and back. I'm trying to treat the return trip as a little bit of R&R, but honestly, since going full time into independent contracting, R&R is hard to do.

I am hoping to stop by the Woody Guthrie Center on the trip home, to get a little research in. We're spending as much as a vacation, may as well treat it as one (albeit a short one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment