Sunday, February 7, 2016

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

I've spent over a week off the road due to my wife's health concerns, and as a result, nothing is coming in. I have a few receivables, but that money is spoken for, as is my wife's partial remaining check from work. She will be out at least 3 weeks, so the time has come to get back on the road.

The biggest problem with this method is it requires that I commit. There is work out there this week, but at the moment, none of it is close. That will undoubtedly change (it usually does) as the week progresses, but I can't take too much of a gamble in waiting. I have to get out there.

Right now, everything I am looking at is between 350-400 miles out, meaning I'm not coming back without another gig to bring me home. That's a little frightening, but it's kind of what I signed up for. I'm not sure of the potential to gig in any of these places either, may have to ultimately take my chances.

Tough call this week. But something will come together. It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment