Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Lubbock, Texas on the roadmap

So tonight I'm rolling out to Lubbock for an overnight install. I was hoping to piggyback a printer job with it, but it didn't come to pass. I'll probably finish up in the wee small hours of the morning, but planning on holding over to see if anything pops up near me.

Next week, school starts, and we're homeschooling again. So that means road trips will be limited; I'm probably going to pick up more day trips. That means less money, but I might be able to take the car to economize.

I am also trying to crowdsource Hobo's List, so far without success. Most folks I have discussed it with think it is a good project, but I cannot get funding lined up. What that tells me is I need to expand my reach, and the way I am working is a good way to do it.

I may have to pull out some research material to take with me on the road. I admit to being more than a little inspired by the work of Tim Z. Hernandez, and so I may have to start gathering stories. I've heard a lot of folks say that they thought everything had been written that was worthwhile, but as long as people keep living, as long as injustice and oppression exist, there will be stories to tell. And sadly, injustice and oppression will probably always exist.

So if I don't spend tomorrow working, I'll likely spend it writing. There are a few stories I may not be able to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment