Monday, January 11, 2016

Getting Back Out There

Well, it's been a long time between posts. There's good reason for that, as my "day job" kept me from pursuing a lot of options, and then began to have the constraints of a full time job, without the hours, or the pay. I loved it, but had to give it up because the people who collect their share of your income do not care one whit about job satisfaction or doing what you love. What they care about is pictures of dead leaders, and lots of them.

So, I'm starting back, which is slower than I would like because in the interim, I couldn't defend my turf. It's a very competitive field right now, and techs are driving further and further for less and less compensation. So I need to rebuild my client list by getting some of these jobs done. That has proved to be easier said than done as I've been passed over for many of the jobs I bid in the meantime.

I'm in the final week at the radio station and needing to pull down some jobs, so I was delighted when a job came up on Tuesday afternoon. There was an earlier job as well, but unfortunately, I still have to work out the station job, so I had to pass on that.

I have a second vehicle for road trips, one that won't take nearly as much gasoline, but doesn't give the luxury of space. The plan at this point is to outfit Townes for the more extensive road trip, and save this one (to be named later) for the 1-2 night jaunts and shorter hauls, with the eventual eye on replacing both.

So, it's onward and upwards to a better 2016! See you on the road, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment