Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Brief Rest

Last week was crazy. We went on our annual vacation/sabbatical to the Woody Guthrie Festival in Okemah, Oklahoma. Thanks to a user error, we wound up paying our electric bill twice, which, combined with a blown tire, left us cash short for the week, but I'm not going to complain too much about it. That is, after all, a very important part of what I am doing; discovering the painful day to day realities that many are forced to live with.

We're back home now, though, and waiting to get paid (an all too familiar occurrence) leaves me grounded for the next couple of days. Not sure what the end of the week will bring up, but I have some good prospects out towards Santa Fe, NM next week, and I know I'll be closing out the month in Garden City, KS.

I am still trying to figure out how to be more efficient on the road, as well as how to market myself beyond the tech gigs in the areas where I am working. I'd be more than eager to accept any help you can provide in that regard. I'm pretty much straight ahead folk, and I don't bring a band with me, so that means I work cheap! In fact, I'll work free for senior centers and nursing homes...any chance to get my name out there.

As for the IT work, I pretty much charge 50% of my regular rate for site work on the road. Just email me at handofjustice42@gmail.com, and I'd be happy to provide a quote or work while I'm in the area. I will be posting up my schedule both here and on the Facebook site, so you can feel free to use that to check my schedule. Once I have enough of an audience to justify a fully functioning website, I will do that as well.

Also a reminder, don't forget to check the campsites I patronize. There will be some really cool easter eggs popping up there soon. When/if you find them, comment and post them here, and I would be very appreciative!

No comments:

Post a Comment