Saturday, July 19, 2014

It's Saturday, but it feels like a Monday

So I hit the road today after 10 days idle (and returning from vacation in that span). Much of my travel is contingent on having cash on hand, so I couldn't book early in the week.

I was diligent in making sure I had what I needed, except, except....30 miles from home I realized I had forgotten my laptop. I called my daughter to meet me at the state line with it, and started the road trip a half hour behind schedule.

The last time I travelled through Lamar and La Junta was in the other direction, and in the midst of a rather nasty dust storm. It was refreshing to see the green, to see water flowing through the creeks, and was not nearly as hot as it could have been for mid July.

I rolled out of La Junta to finish my paperwork in Trinidad. I arrived to find two busses full of kids in the parking lot, meaning I am competing with them for bandwidth. I'm not sure where I'm going to put in tonight, as tomorrow is (at this typing) an idle moment, but I should put out the first artwork. It may not be where I camp (especially if I choose a WalMart parking lot), but it will be in a public spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment