Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Garden City....and Beyond?

So Townes got the necessary brake work done....but more is still needed. Unfortunately, going to need the brakes replaced, and that means money, which isn't exactly in the greatest abundance.

But, these things happen, and Townes has given me a lot of good miles. But I am going to have to step it up with as many additional revenue streams as possible. Going to have to start bringing in some money, any money with the guitar.

This week's deposits will put us a smidge above water for the first time in a couple of months. But there's always another expense looming, always another bill to be paid. It is unfortunate that the reality of first world existence means that every dollar you earn has another fellow's name on it. That's a reality I'd like to eventually change.

There have been a lot of folks begging me to take "good" jobs at $9 an hour, when the simple truth is, on an hourly rate, I make well over that. The trick is, I have to keep moving, have to keep going where the work is. And those slavers who offer $9 an hour can...well, I try to keep my blog PG rated, so I'll stop there!

My name's getting out a bit further, but there's still a lot of work to do. Now that I have Townes back, I may holdover in Kansas a bit and see what I can do. Next week, I'm kinda gunning to head back to Santa Fe to take advantage of the waning summer season. I have a couple of ideas to try out, and will keep plugging away till I make it work. Sure beats the ol' 9 to 5.

In the meantime, I am mulling taking another Kansas offer later in the week. It would certainly justify the stayover.

No comments:

Post a Comment