Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Morning By The Lake

I must admit, I've been pleasantly surprised by the majority of accommodations I have found. OK, some of the campsites have been little more than bare lots, hardly conducive to tent camping.

Because I have my car with me rather than the van, I decided I needed to try to find a place to pitch a tent, if possible. That ruled out WalMart (although that wasn't a horrible disappointment).

I had seen a listing for Elk City Lake, but it wasn't where I thought it was, so I had to scoot back over to a hotspot to get directions. It's a very nice campground, although the lake, like all the others around here, was a tad low. This one has a 3 night limit, so I'll probably use it again tonight due to its proximity to tomorrow morning's site.

If anyone's interested, I am thinking of leaving "easter eggs" at my campsites. Not going to say what, but I at least consider them moderately cool. And who knows, if one day I ever get rich and famous...

Well, the odds are long on that happening, but I need to leave these things in an area where they are easily discovered but hopefully won't be discarded. I don't want to geocache them; while that would be nice and all, it would not accomplish my goal.

The one thing I ask; if anyone collects the items, it would be nice if they would let me know; that's the only way long term that I will keep doing it.

If you know me in person, I just might TELL you what and where the easter eggs are, but if I don't, well you just may have to guess. I'm hoping to make this a fun (and maybe slightly educational) experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment