Friday, July 18, 2014

The Road Ahead

It's been about a week and a half since my last assignment, so I'm itchy to head out. I had to pass up some good ones because of the cash situation, but hitting the road starting tomorrow.

The assignments I have in Lamar and La Junta, CO had a window between the 17th and 19th; because my next assignments are on Monday the 21st, I'm rolling out the 19th, with a down day on the 20th. On Monday, I head to Las Vegas, where I picked up a second assignment to piggyback with the first. It's one that I would normally not be able to take, but I was able to get them to switch dates to accommodate my travel schedule, so there's that.

From Las Vegas, I head to Roswell on Tuesday, then Hereford, Amarillo and Pampa on Wednesday. That's as far out as I'm booked, and not really wanting to head into Oklahoma on Thursday or Friday, but certainly will for the right job offer.

This road trip will be the first one where I will leave items at campsites. I'm also planning a stop in Santa Fe for my busker's permit, and will see if I can pick up a spare dollar here or there with my guitar. I don't know what's available, but hoping to start learning these communities and developing contacts over time.

WoodyFest was a welcome retreat, and a reminder of what's really important. Over the years, it has come to mean a lot to us, and there are very few reasons we would even consider missing it. This one was especially cool, though, meeting people like Lance Canales, Carlos Rodriguez and Tim Hernandez, who are doing incredibly important work.

I should be back to more regular articles once I'm on the road, as my connection is a bit sporadic back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment