Monday, July 7, 2014

Gearing up for a Possibly Busy Day Tomorrow

So I rolled out on today's AM assignment, and replaced the switch as requested. They asked me to remove the power injector from the loop to the AP.

Uhh, Houston, we have a problem. The AP is not connected. So I checked out from the site.

I got about an hour down the road, and the buyer called me. It seems they MEANT to include a request for me to cable the AP in the ticket. Only problem, they didn't specify it, and I'm out here without cable or a stepladder. It's a drop ceiling, so that's all good, so I told them if they can get a ladder onsite, I'll buy a premade patch cable (reimbursable) to connect and return tomorrow, as I am working 30 miles away.

It makes the idea of backtracking (to the tune of about 120 miles) more bearable. This does justify a return trip fee.

Meanwhile, a ticket about an hour from where I'm working came in to replaced UPS batteries. Easy peasy. and a good add on, if not horribly lucrative as a stand alone (and this is, after all, the reason I am doing this; to scoop up these smaller jobs while I am on the road).

But I am not booking after 10AM. Wednesday. ALL WoodyFest after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment