Saturday, July 19, 2014

...and the Clock is Ticking!

So, I'm back over at McD's after a brief stroll downtown that was delightfully interrupted by a rainstorm. I was in one of those "leave me alone" moods, but walked by the museum. After two or three minutes, I wrestled with the internalized debate of "should I or shouldn't I?", deciding ultimately to tell my social anxiety to stuff it for the next half hour or so...only to have them close the doors just as I headed across the road! And, the worst part is, they aren't open tomorrow!

I have no compelling reason to head down the road; I processed my tickets here the first go around, working against the 30 minute loiter time limit and a hundred teens sharing the Internet and needing access to InstaGram! So, now I'm back with the same 30 minute loiter limit.

So, on the trip, I made the decision to start categorizing unlisted places where folks could park overnight (and maybe even sneak up a tent if they're discreet about it and don't set out the tiki torches). It's actually somewhat surprising how abundant they are.

So I'm figuring at this point to stay in Trinidad through tomorrow and see if they have any goings on on Sundays in which I might have interest. I'm unfortunately two weeks ahead of their big summer festival. I'll probably settle down in the park with my guitar tomorrow if nothing pans out; I'm certainly planning on it tonight, even though tonight's sojourn is unfortunately another WalMart campout, so fun is not high on the agenda...although, with thunderstorms coming through, I could revisit the idea of the Thor costume. But I really have no designs on discovering the quality of Colorado's mental health facilities.

...and I might toss in a kazoo solo or two in honor of Friday night's entertainment, DB Rouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment