Sunday, July 20, 2014

A "Sunday Morning Coming Down" Kind of Morning

So, basically, I did not have a good start to the morning. For starters, last night I could not get comfortable on the foam pad I use in the back for bedding, so I hunkered down in one of the back seats of the van for half the night (I moved later).

Big mistake. Of course, I knew it would be, which is why I have the pad in the back in the first place, but I had to get some shuteye. I woke this morning with a pretty gnarly headache, on top of feeling fairly grimy after yesterday's work. After a good deal of contemplation and a small amount of java, I decided to trek up to the Ludlow Massacre site. Pretty sobering; the kind of history I wish we would spend more time teaching our kids, really. I was hoping to provide photos, but the Internet's not cooperating at the moment.

The Kristofferson moment, though, came as I was sitting in the park playing guitar. There's a splash pad in the park, and a family was splashing in it with their baby and their dog, while church bells chimed off in the distance. You really can't make this stuff up!

I noticed that the park's bathroom door had a lock on it, and decided it was as good a place as any to wash up. It was kind of refreshing to clean up without being hurried, and I've become more apathetic about cold water to wash and rinse my hair. I've never considered myself spoiled, but my general reactions to the road when I first started on it would indicate otherwise.

So I'm moving on to Las Vegas (New Mexico) in a few hours. I am pretty much sure where I'll put in for the night, and put out the second piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment