Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Day in the Life

I Walmart camped last night through the storm (see previous post), and was a little dismayed this morning to see nothing in the vicinity to schedule out. I had been debating yesterday whether or not to return early, and decided to stick it out as I need to get used to this as "the new normal". I am thinking through strategies for future trips, including making cards as "the High Tech Hobo" and offering discounted services whenever I am in an area (because of the limited availability).

But I paused and thought it through, as I am still adjusting to what this recent change means to me on a practical level. As a folk muscian/storyteller, it seems foolish to waste an opportunity for research. A stop at the library for some print materials (and the plus of an open electric outlet to charge up, and high speed Internet), then I will head off to scope out the museum, and possibly the zoo. The bonus is I'm really not under a time crunch, so I can stop and look things through...and maybe get my name out there a bit.

I didn't bring the mattresses with me as I was more focused on having a good spare in the back of the van than a good mattress. My back is fast reminding me I need to fix that.

At the library, I was pleased to see I still know my Dewey Decimal system to know precisely where the music books are located. It was a good day, although I would be lying if I said I'm not eager to leave this humidity and get back to higher ground.

Oh, and...if you live somewhere that doesn't have a lot of great IT options, I DO hire out. Daily and hourly gigs will require some mileage compensation (although generally not full compensation, as I head out for 3-5 days at a time), weekly gigs include mileage. Also available on the music side for house concerts and small coffeeshop gigs (I even bring my own sound system). EMAIL me for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment