Sunday, June 22, 2014

Littlefield, TX, I'm Gonna Miss Ya!

Unexpectedly great weekend in Littlefield, Texas. I was not looking forward to it, effectively a three day weekend, as the job on Monday doesn't begin until the night. I figured the Waylon Jennings stuff would only last so long (I was right on that score; like so many communities around here, the downtown, which is actually quite lovely, looked like a ghost town, and you could see the widespread poverty).

But I pulled in, and, as mentioned in my previous post, met the Hinkle Family, a group of missionaries who plays in nursing homes. They invited me to the small church where they were playing, and where there's good live music, I am there. So I went to the church, Littlefield Baptist Church, and enjoyed the music. The  church was having a picnic the following day in Lubbock, and invited me along. So I spent Saturday playing volleyball in my own train wreck of a fashion, and returned for church on Sunday.

This was a truly spectacular group of people, and an answer to prayer to keep me from spending the weekend moping about how far from home I was. This is an amazing smaller church in a town that needs the ministry they provide, and I'll definitely keep them in my thoughts and prayers. I'm rolling on, but hoping it isn't very long before I can bring the family back down here. It was a great weekend.

So, tomorrow I'm going to have to stop in Levelland for the public library on my way to Seagraves to print out forms. I'm a little more energized now than I was coming into this, and ready for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment