Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What "Day off" Means Now

Technically, today is a day off (because my work today is at night). But that would be too much to expect, really. A long list awaits, including cleaning out and putting a sleeping pad down in the van for the next road trip, which will probably range from a week to ten days. I also have an assortment of tools, which is why I came back off the road in the first place, so I get to sleep cuddled up next to a 6 foot stepladder the next several nights.

As mentioned in my previous blog article, I will be in Amarillo tonight and tomorrow night, then will be between Clovis, NM and Seagraves, TX through the weekend. I took a look at the cash position last night and am happy to report it's a little better than I hoped, but rather than  deplete it and destroy the momentum I'm building by staying out on the road, I'll let the weekend give me a much more solid boost. We won't be rich for awhile, but when the jobs pay out, we should come out of this weekend better off than we've been in awhile, certainly in this year.

My hope is to eventually be able to haul my family on some of these road trips, and, in a few years to live on the road full time, using a dingy attached to the back of an RV to service my calls. But we've got a long way to go to get there, and even little decisions, like driving back 200 miles to sleep in a real bed, can make a difference. We're keeping our eyes on the prize here!

I will also be taking in my cans this weekend so I'll be able to boost the funds for the 30 days on a Greyhound project. Thanks to Jeremy and Pam Cook for their contributions. Meanwhile, if you want to help with that, save your cans and I will tell you more on that page what you can do. Since it takes me off the road, I have to meet the $5,000 goal before I can head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment