Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wake Up? I Barely Got to SLEEP!

Last night's work was an overnight assignment: work with the lead tech to reimage registers and PC's.

These are the kind of assignments I love/hate; they're good assignments, but when you are switching from a day schedule to a night schedule, they can be nerve wracking. Especially when you live on the road.

I got to the site ahead of the lead, and waited. We had a few glitches through the night, which led to us finishing at 5:30 AM. My itinerary has a dentist's office at noon, so this left me with barely enough time to head back to the WalMart parking lot (no luxurious travel information center for us tonight; saving that gem for tonight, as I'm rolling out between jobs tomorrow) and close my eyes before the sun come up.

Mercilessly, I woke up at 8:30AM. I was shooting for 9:00, to have enough time to shake off the fuzz and read through my notes before going to the site, but it is what it is, I suppose. The afternoon job is one that fell to me after the person who initially got the job refused to mount one of the PC's, insisting it was construction and beneath them. Bleh, nothing's beneath or above me, and if your check clears, I'm happy to do it.

That's the beauty of this particular arrangement. It's refreshing to go to work and enjoy what I am doing because I am working to live and not living to work.

This trip would have been good to have the family on, so I'm hoping that we can work our way towards a decent RV and a tow behind car to eventually do that; at least on the trips my family wants to come along on. It would be a small matter to work Carlsbad Caverns and Roswell into the trip, but just the time in West Texas should be fun enough.

I have purposed to bring Townes back with a bit of bling. We will be doing a sort of initiation here before too long. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment