Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Homeward Bound

My major goal in working as a migrant tech is to stay booked. I rolled to Amarillo yesterday, where I spent the night, and finished work there and rolled to Garden City afterwards. On the road, I received an assignment for Thursday afternoon; in Garden City received an assignment for Wednesday overnight.

So let's see, that's 5 days out of 5 booked. And since Thursday's job requires tools I don't have on hand (and I will be staying in Amarillo Wednesday until Friday morning), time to head home. A rest in my bed prior to working an overnight shift will be more than welcome.

I don't have the final totals yet, but it looks like staying out on the road is saving me 600 miles of travel this week (vs. driving back and forth). Plus...it gives me the opportunity to accept tickets at a lower rate, as I am already in the area. This week should be my second most profitable week....and considering I had NOTHING booked before Monday morning (and nothing besides Friday booked until Monday afternoon), I'm pretty content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment