Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Weird Schedule Ahead!

So, tomorrow night I show up at the jobsite at 10PM. Work up to 8 hours (though I've usually found these 8 hour jobs are 5 or 6 hour jobs if you keep the nose to the grindstone; and I bid flat rates so that I get paid the same either way), then I have to do a dentist's office at noon (hoping for a little naptime in between), then have a job Friday in Amarillo followed by one in Clovis.

I bid a job in Seagraves on Monday night hoping to follow it with a job in Monahans, Texas on Tuesday night. I got the Seagraves job, but not the Monahans job. So that puts me in a pickle, and we could be doing the money dance before I get back from Seagraves. Unless....

Yup, unless I stay the weekend in Clovis, or somewhere between. Then we'll be in a better money spot, with the added bonus of increasing the now paltry amount I stand to make off of the job (unless I can piggyback between now and next week).

I am scouting out some free campsites, right now the front runner is Waylon Jennings RV Park in Littlefield, because, DUH! Just wishing they'd make you sing "Lukenbach, Texas" to get in.

At any rate, I'm a little road weary, as it was a long drive home. Hoping a good solid night's sleep tonight will make tomorrow night a tad more tolerable. Also for some sleep on Thursday.

It's amazing what we take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment