Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Morning View of the High Plains

Amarillo Travel Information Center on Airport Road

Here there be cows....

.....and SNAKES! Why'd it have to be SNAKES?!?
Last night as I prepared to pack in, I was divided between the options of the WalMart parking lot or the truck stop. I decided to check around, though, as research is a very vital part of what I am doing. I'm glad I did.

I discovered the Amarillo Tourist Information Center on Airport road. For roadside overnight accommodations, this was like a luxury hotel. A great view of Amarillo from the east, large comfortable restrooms, picnic pavilions, and wifi. Well, allegedly wifi; I never got it to work right. That probably had to do with the number of truckers in the truck lot, rather than the wifi itself.

I got in a few really good hours playing, and hit the sack, feeling remarkably refreshed upon awakening from the roadside camping. And I did get a couple of pics from this one:

Rolling back up to Garden City today, not sure where from there (before Friday, which is Amarillo and Clovis)

No comments:

Post a Comment