Friday, June 20, 2014

Oklahoma BOOKED!

One of the hardest things about what I am doing is the obvious uncertainty But if life has taught me anything, it's that nothing is certain. The Great Recession taught us that, if we didn't already know.

And so, with vacation coming up, I have been trying to book work out that way early in the week. Yes, I'll have to break away from camp, but I need to take advantage of all of the work I can, and this will be before most of the festivities start. I still have a request in for Wednesday night, which would be a little bittersweet, but again, I can't let these opportunities pass by.

My hope is that during our week in Okemah, I can land enough work that we don't actually have to pay out of pocket for travel, meals, and lodging. Even better would be getting paid, but we'll settle for a break even vacation. These two jobs put me about halfway to that goal.

I thought briefly about pulling the request for the Wednesday night gig, but landing it will put me about 80% towards the goal. The Monday and Tuesday jobs are morning jobs, so there's still time to book in the afternoons. And I do have a request from a buyer to let him know when I'm in the area. So making money on this trip isn't too farfetched.

No comments:

Post a Comment