Saturday, June 21, 2014

Littlefield, Texas

At the entrance to the horseshoe pit.

More horseshoe pit

Good thing I got it from this side. Otherwise, it would be "Sgninnej Nolyaw". And we can't have that!

It is, in fact, the 5th largest forest in West Texas (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Well, after complainin that they just kept showin his hands and not his face on TV, you'd think they'd choose handprints!
This stop is the one thing that will be a little frustrating about roadtripping. I'm not a good one for letting the grass grow under my feet, but maybe that's one of the lessons I need to learn on the road.

So I had determined ahead of time that I was going to utilize the Waylon Jennings RV Park in Littlefield, Texas. A few days on the road has made me a tad weary, though, and it was a little more difficult making it there than I expected. But I did, and as I did, I encountered the Hinkle Family, a group that ministers in nursing homes, as they were making camp. They were playing a small independent Baptist church and invited me to join them. I did, and it was a wonderful group of people. I wasn't sure if I was going to stay the weekend here or try campsites up the road, but I think I'll stick around. Because there are no shower facilities, though, I am considering heading to a campsite closer to Seagraves (Monday night's worksite) for Sunday night. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, though.

All in all, this road trip has been a resounding success. We have enough to comfortably get through vacation (even though I have two jobs currently booked on "open days" during the vacation), and I've decided we need to start an RV fund. I can do these trips with my family, but I'm not going to enjoy them too long.

Above are some pictures from the campgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment