Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I Love a Rainy Night

I rolled out of Brownfield as soon as I could yesterday and shot up to Amarillo. Nothing scheduled, but I did want to be centrally located. I held on to see if any tickets would come through, but it wasn't happening.

I heard some devastating news about a friend, and headed on to a coffeeshop to sit down and absorb it. Then, back to the familiarity of the WalMart parking lot (I am saving the tourist info center for tomorrow night). The lot was unusually busy; probably 20 overnighters or so, and I talked with a singer/songwriter out of Nashville. I clued him in to what I could about the area (campgrounds, possible venues, etc), and suggested he take his show down to WoodyFest and play the open mics. Not sure if he's game, but it would be cool to see him there.

To say the least, the day was uneventful. With work 40 miles from home tomorrow, I have to admit, I was tempted, but there are reasons I'm sticking to my guns. About 4 AM the sky burst open, and sleep was pretty impossible beyond that point. What had been a gentle, soaking rain became a (much needed) deluge, and the parking lot was running with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment