Monday, June 16, 2014

The Best Laid Plans...

So, today was going to be a slow day until an early afternoon ticket asking me to be onsite in 3 hours in Amarillo (a 2 hour drive). Because of the way we're running this, it meant a dash to throw things together to get ready for the trip. I have to remind myself that these things take time, and to be patient.

I arrived onsite, the issue is firmware, and they're not sure whether I am supposed to do that or the customer, so I'll know tomorrow. In the meantime, I may be driving back to Garden City, Kansas in the morning. There are several Kansas tickets up that way, but for whatever reason, I'm not having any luck getting scheduled out on those. Oh well, c'est la vie, eh?

So tonight it's roadside in Amarillo, as the two hour drive back diverts money we can use into the gas tank. Even if I don't need to return tomorrow (they pay for separate visits) and need to drive straight through to Garden City, I'll still save 80 miles. I'll take that any day of the week.

I have a route to run on Friday, and will pick up almost anything on that route. Going to Amarillo, then Clovis, then back on in home. That puts a lot of territory in play.

Next week isn't working out quite how I'd like it, but we'll get it sorted out one way or another. I have overnight work about 300 miles out. I tried to book another site in that direction the following night, but it went out to another provider. So I have the one job, which will make me some money, but not as much as I'd like (still, grateful for the little things), so I see myself camping out looking for work/gigs next week. So far I've had good luck with roadside camping; it's possible things might be a bit more dicey out that way, but, we'll see.

Vacation is two weeks from Friday, though, so there is some respite on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment