Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Road Trip Is Almost At an End

About two more working hours, plus some hard personal business. About 21 actual hours. By this time tomorrow, my head will probably be firmly planted on one end of the couch, and there will be reports of seismic activity in Northeast New Mexico due to my snoring.

This trip has had its ups and downs, but it has also been a near lethal dose in reality. I debate just how in depth to go, because there are lives involved here. Last night's encounter with the needy family at the rest stop left me with more questions than answers, and I hope and pray that wherever they are on the road today (likely somewhere in Central Arkansas if they didn't have any unplanned detours), that they are safe and well fed. And that the road they're heading down treats them kinder than the road they left behind.

This trip hasn't always been pleasant, but it has had a constant purpose. I am at a point where I can always fall back on the safe, well known path, but am finally finding the courage to reject that. And it is often not easy, and never convenient.

I'm sleep deprived and find myself making "stupid" typos. Constantly tired, never quite fully oriented. I am just getting my "road legs", though, and after a couple weeks' respite, will be back at it. Only as time goes by, I'm hoping to become more efficient.

I am getting ready to crawl off for a good whatever night's sleep I can muster. After a little downtime with the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment